Below are 10 things I love about Summer. What is your favorite thing about summer?
- Escaping the 101 degree heat up on the mountain.
- Farmers Markets. The variety of organic fruit and vegetables along with the home-made items for sale are a treat for the senses.
- Fireworks. We didn’t see live fireworks this fourth of July. We watched them on television. I took this photo two summers ago in Colorado.
- Live music. Garage bands and street performers abound at various summer festivals everywhere.
- Travel. We travel more due to the longer days and better weather.
- Hosting Guests. My sister came from Wisconsin for a couple of days and we have an international traveler coming tomorrow.
- Swimming Pools and Splash Pads. I hear the kids at the outside pool every afternoon and Saturday we went to Ten Sleep where the kids were having a marvelous time at the splash pad. I am at the stage of my life where soaking in a hot tub is what I prefer when I go to the pool. I do enjoy hearing the kids splash and play though.
- Flowers. I spent a lot time tending my flower gardens. A wise man once told me I should not toil, but tend. It’s a huge difference. I enjoy having fresh flowers from my gardens inside for about five months.
- Visiting with friends. I guess because we are outside more we see the neighbors more. It’s fun to get together spontaneously.
- Bright summer clothes. Coral, turquoise, lime green and other vivid colors are a relief from winter greys and blacks. Everything is brighter in the summer?